present Courthouse is the fourth erected since Washington
County was created by an Act of the Legislature
in 1781, but it is really the fifth in the history
of the county, for the first was erected in 1776
at Old Augusta Town on what is now the Gabby Farm.
The present Courthouse was completed in 1900.
For more information visit the County Web Site www.co.washington.pa.us