The City of Washington Police Department is seeking police candidates for the City of Washington, PA.
Here are the General Requirements, Testing Information, Salary and Benefits, Promotions, Special Assignments and application details.
Employment Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 55 West Maiden Street, Washington, PA between the hours of 9am to 5pm from April 24, 2017 to May 8, 2017 or by downloading the form below.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age
- A United States Citizen
- Must have current, valid PA driver’s license
- Must be currently enrolled and have completed Act 120 training at the time of hire
- Upon hiring my adhere to living restriction (10 Miles)
ADDITIONAL TESTING INFORMATION:
- Civil Service Examinations
- Background Investigation
- Medical and Psychological Evaluation
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Base salary $56,285.75 (Entry Level: $43,902.89)
- Life, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Uniform Allowance
- Longevity Pay
- Education Compensation
- Chief of Police
- School Resource Officer
Applications must be returned to the City Clerk no later than 5pm on Monday, May 8, 2017.
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable testing fee of $60.00 (payable to the City of Washington) when the application is returned.
The City of Washington is an equal opportunity employer.